Save On Eating Out At Restaurants
And Fast Food Outlets
Why not save on eating out with these great money saving tips. Being frugal doesn't mean you have to live like a hermit, go on live a little.
I love to eat out but I also have to watch those pennies, the two things don't often go together.
However I have discovered over the years a few frugal tips to allow me to go out to eat but not to blow the weeks budget.
I hope you find these tips as useful as I do.
My Frugal Eating Out Tips
- Don't eat out too often at those fast food outlets. These meals rarely fill you up are full of fat and cost quite a lot. The cost of buying a burger everyday or a bag of fries soon mounts up. Instead make a once a week option.
- Keep eating out for special occasions only. This will not only mean that you save money all year round but also it will also make the occasion feel far more special.
- When eating out at a restaurant be choosey as to what you eat, try to avoid those specials often offered by the waiters, they can far more expensive than others on the menu.
- Keep an eye out for new restaurants opening in your area. Often you will find coupons in your local newspaper and the restaurants often offer special opening deals to try and gain new customers.
- Look out for restaurants that allow you to bring your own wine and only charge you a small fee for corkage. This can be a big saver.
- Before going out to eat out have a little snack so that you are not absolutely starving. If you are hungry you will be more likely to order more than you would normally.
- Avoid alcohol when eating out. Stick to water if you can and perhaps have a drink afterwards somewhere else. Restaurants charge considerably more for alcohol than most bars. To spice up a glass of water, order sparkling and ask for a slice of lemon.
- If eating out for a special occasion why not have some frugal fun and celebrate at lunchtime rather than at dinnertime. Often prices in restaurants are far cheaper at lunchtimes.
- My partner and me are real frugal eaters when we go out to a restaurant. One of the ways we reduce the bill but still feel like we are having a good meal is to share a dessert. Most restaurants don't mind you sharing. Think of all the calories you are saving as well as money.
Save On Eating Out At Fast Food Restaurants
- Look for special Offers from fast food outlets. They often have two for one offers at lunchtimes or early bird diners. The early bird option is a great option when taking the family out for dinner.
- Look for coupons in the local newspapers. Burger bars often have special promotions available such as free fries or two for the price of one.
- Try the buffet option. This in often eat as much as you like for a fixed price. A great way to fill up, especially if you have a large appetite.
- To help fill you up why not go for a side salad or salad selection from the buffet to go along with your meal. This salad can then be shared with someone else and will encourage you both not to order more food.
- Save on eating out by eating at home, sorry that's not a real tip but it is an option.
Did You Like This Page? Why Not Let me know.
Home > Saving Money
> Eating Out