Recipe Name: Creamy Bacon Pasta
This is a really simple recipe, quick and tasty for those who love bacon.
1 packet spaghetti
1 punnet button mushrooms, sliced
Half a green pepper, diced
Half a red or yellow pepper, diced
1 large onion, diced
1 Tsp oil or olive oil
2 Tsp margarine
1 cup grated cheese (pref mature cheddar)
1 pack bacon bits
250 ml fresh cream
salt, pepper and aromat spice to taste
1. Get the pasta on the boil.
2. Fry bacon bits in a little oil. When just cooked, pour bacon bits and the oil into a bowl and set aside.
3. In same pan the bacon was fired in, add a bit more oil and the margarine. On a medium heat, gently fry the Mushrooms, onion and peppers. Season with a bit of salt, peppers and aromat.
4. Remove from heat. Add the bacon bits and to the mushroom mixture.
5. Drain cooked spaghetti. Toss with a little olive oil, place in large serving dish. Mix the cheese through the hot spaghetti.
6. Pour the bacon/mushroom mix on top and mix.
7. Pour fresh cream on top, and it's ready to eat.
Serves 4 – 6
Comment from Kate
Wow I bet this tastes great. I am a vegetarian and so wouldn’t use the bacon, perhaps it will work with bacon bits which are made from soya or the fake bacon strips.
I love mushrooms in pasta too so this recipe ticks several of my boxes. As a vegetarian I eat a lot of pasta and so I am always on the lookout for different variations and ingredients I can use to make my meals a bit different.
Thank you very much for submitting this recipe, I will try it soon. I will let you know what my husband thinks.
I tried this bacon recipe using fake bacon and my husband loved it. So it will be on my meal list from now on.
Did You Like This Page? Why Not Let me know.