A Frugal Option For The Family
Camping vacations can be great fun for the whole family, it is also
a great frugal option.
This page is all about camping with the family and how to make it as
safe and as fun as possible. Theres nothing worse than finding yourself
at the camping site missing some vital peice of equipment (like the
can opener) and starting the vacation on a grumpy note.
Camping vacations with kids and pets
Camping with your children or with pets can be a great family experience;
it can also be a complete nightmare if not carefully planned for. Here
are a few tips to keep everything running smoothly.
- Make sure small children have secure nighttime water proof pants
to wear in their sleeping bags. The last thing you will need is wet
bags in the morning with no convenient place to wash them.
- Give children a whistle each to wear around their necks whilst playing
outside. Tell them to only use these whistles if they get into difficulty
or get lost. Although many will have mobile phones these days they
may not always work where you are camping.
- Pack plenty of wet weather clothes.
- Pitch your tent as close to the campsite facilities as possible,
especially play grounds and shower blocks.
- Take plenty of things to play with, like board games and balls and
bats. Keeping the kids entertained will ensure a happy vacation.
- Take a long lead to allow your dog to roam without getting lost.
Top ten camping tips
- Make sure your pet is wearing a collar with their id on it.
Camping vacations can be great fun and a very cheap option for a frugal
holiday. However to make sure that your holidays are enjoyed to the
full, here are some top tips for happy camping vacations.
- Pitch your tent away from large noisy tents.
- Keep valuables safe at all times, never leave them unattended in
- Plan your campsites in advance and find out what they have to offer.
- Pitch your tent on the highest ground to avoid flooding.
- To avoid mozzies, don't pitch your tent too close to water.
- Pack a good penknife, it's amazing just what things you forget to
bring with you.
- Pack only what you will use.
- Keep cooking simple, wholesome and easy. After all you are getting
away from it all and that means the kitchen sink too.
- Plan your daily activities before you go. First rule of the frugal
- Pack first aid equipment and any medications you need. It is also
advisable to keep on your person your personal details and contact
numbers etc in case of an emergency, this is especially important
if you have a special medical condition.